Thursday, December 1, 2011

QUICK REVIEW: American Airlines "red wine"

On a recent American Airlines flight, I thought it would be fun to sample the "red wine" offered. Airlines are paying more attention to their wine offerings, and I wondered what their house red would taste like.

Chile, Santa Rita "120" Syrah 2009
/ // Fruity // Plum, Berry // Oak, Grape Seeds, Plum // Light

The biggest problem? The wine was served cold. I wonder whether my rating would have been higher if the wine had been served a little warmer. This would have allowed it to "open up" more, so that I could get at the richness of the flavors. Instead, it was very "one note", and the coldness made it seem like I was drinking a grape juice that had gone bad. This speaks to the importance of serving wine at "wine temp" (or, 55-60 degrees).


No comments:

Post a Comment